IGESL Training and Workshops
- Available to teachers, youth, administrators, community based organizations, school districts, and national service programs.
- Interactive methods to demonstrate the implementation of service learning programs in a variety of settings. These brain-based activities support and strengthen teacher implementation and student achievement.
- Training can be presented over the course of several days and in full or half-day formats.
- Available to make presentations to staff, parents, community groups, school boards etc.
- We can work with you to develop customized training or presentation to meet your school or organization’s needs.
Are you interested in IGESL conducting a training or workshop at your school or organization?
While standard workshops exist, the IGESL will work with your organization to determine what your training needs are and how we can meet those needs through workshop(s).
Click here for more information on listed workshops.
- Introduction to Service Learning
- Promoting Positive Youth Development through Service Learning
- Youth Leadership for Youth
- Youth Leadership for Adults
- Service Learning & Dropout Prevention
- Promoting Active Citizenship
- Character Education
- Understanding Brain Based Learning
- Sustaining your Service Learning Initiative
- Literacy: Read & Lead
- Intergenerational Service Learning
- Service Learning and No Child Left Behind (NCLB)
- School & Community Safety through Service Learning: YODA
Institute Training Series
The IGESL offers a yearly Summer Institute that provides training in service learning for selected topics.
- 2010 Spring Institute: Professional Development Trade Secrets, Atlantic City NJ
- 2009 Winter Institute: Professional Development Trade Secrets, Myrtle Beach SC
- 2009: National Urban Service Learning Institute
- 2008: Service Learning – A Strategy for Keeping Youth in School
- 2007: Promoting School, Family and Community Safety